5.19.2012

BAKED RASPBERRY PANCAKE

Last weekend, as I was browsing through Pinterest, I came upon a beautiful picture of some sort of cake with raspberries and clicked on the picture. It brought me to this website and I fell in love with the amazing pictures of the food and the different recipes that looked so delicious. So I decided to try the recipe below and I was not disappointed!
The baked pancake turns out like a sort of clafoutis or flan, but the great thing is, if you don't have an oven, you can just make it like a pancake or crepe though don't make it too thin.





Finnish Baked Raspberry Pancake
500 ml milk
2 eggs

1 cup normal flour

1/4 cup melted butter or olive oil

2 tbsp sugar

A pinch of salt

1/2 tsp vanilla essence or powder

Topping: some fresh or frozen raspberry and some sugar

Pre-heat oven to 200-225 C.
Using a wooden spoon or egg whisker, quickly mix everything in a bowl (except the raspberries and sugar for topping) until well combined (about 1 min).
Pour the mixture into a baking dish lined with parchment paper. Make sure it is not too thick.
Sprinkle some raspberry and sugar on top.
Bake for about 20-30 min or until brown.