7.30.2010

BINA CITA UTAMA


Bina Cita Utama is a national-plus school located in around 30 km from Palangka Raya, Central Kalimantan. Bina Cita Utama means to nurture ideals, dreams, hopes and ambitions which are noble, or of the highest standing.

I recently watched a short documentary about this school that shows exactly how powerful education can be. The students of this school come from well to-do families in Palangka Raya and the school aims to teach these children how to be honorable people so that in the future, they are able to contribute to the development of their communities.

I love how, at the end of the movie, one of the patrons of the schools says: "It's not about what they (the children) have been taught, but about what they've learned". I can honestly say I was quite teary-eyed when I watched this documentary...

To watch the movie, click here.

To learn more about Sekolah Bina Cita Utama, click here.